Join us via Livestream on September 11-12, 2019 for Stanford Social Innovation Review's fourteenth annual Nonprofit Management Institute: "Transforming Anxiety into Active Leadership
Are you unable to attend this year's Nonprofit Management Institute in-person? Join us remotely by registering for our Livestream option!
Many of us today are living in a constant state of generalized anxiety, in both our personal and professional lives. Concerns about the state of the economy, the ever-shifting political landscape, and what these forces could mean for the future are creating a heightened sense of apprehension, and those of us in the nonprofit sector often feel especially vulnerable. These fears are not unique to those with particular political leanings or who live in certain countries; people across the ideological spectrum and around the world report feeling uncertain about what the next 12-18 months and beyond will bring.
Unfortunately, anxiety among nonprofit leaders can lead to organizational paralysis, which is particularly dangerous given that we and our organizations are increasingly called on to address the challenges arising from these social and economic upheavals. In fact, according to research conducted right here at Stanford, nonprofits that retrenched and failed to move forward during the economic downturn of the early 2000s were less likely to survive the recession than nonprofits whose leadership pushed forward and invested in their future.
So how do we transform this unease and foreboding into a sense of renewed purpose and focus for the future?
Find the answers to this question at Stanford Social Innovation Review's “Transforming Anxiety into Active Leadership.”
While the challenges we face are real and varied, the goal of this year’s institute is to provide social innovation leaders with the resources and insights they need to set or renew their objectives, expand their resources, and keep moving their organizations forward!
Topics will include:
• Effective Communications Strategies and the Upside of Conflict
• Fundraising Approaches for Tougher Times and Changing Giving Patterns
• Maximizing Skilled Volunteer Talent
• The Role of Government Funding
• Partnering with Organizations Outside the Nonprofit Sector for Greater Impact
• The Power of Movements and Grassroots Organizing
• Technologies to Improve Efficiencies
• Collective Action
• Mergers as a Tool for Growth
• The Neuroscience of Anxiety
• Stress Management and Life Design for Nonprofit Leaders
… among others.
We encourage you and your team to join us, and in the spirit of peer-to-peer learning that is a hallmark of SSIR, explore together the many ways we can transform anxiety into action!
The Livestream ticketing option ensures you won't miss out on the chance to learn from fellow nonprofit leaders at this two-day conference produced by Stanford Social Innovation Review.
Livestream attendee benefits:
• Real-time video streaming of main stage presentations*.
• Download the NMI2019 conference app, to network with fellow attendees. Registered livestream attendees will receive an email with instructions.
• Submit questions via social media and see them answered at the conference.
• View sessions at your convenience; live, or on demand after the conference ends.
• Access to post-conference resources like presentation slides, related content, and more!
Livestream is a great option for those who are unable to attend in-person. And at only $299 per seat**, it’s a significant savings versus the in-person registration fee.
We hope you’ll join us.
*Not all main stage sessions may be included in the Livestream. If there are any breakout sessions, these will not included in Livestream.
To view current schedule please visit: http://www.ssirinstitute.org/schedule
**Livestream registration fee is per individual user.
***On demand video recordings will be available to Livestream registrants approximately 48 hours after the conclusion of the conference. If a conference day ends on a Friday, on demand viewing may not be available until the beginning of following week. Livestream registrants will be emailed an on demand access link when recording are available after the conclusion of the conference. On demand access includes unlimited viewing for 6 months.